Thursday, December 2, 2010

Great Clarksdale Adventure - 2010!

On the Monday before Thanksgiving,
Papa dropped Kate, Matthew and me off at the airport
to begin our journey to Clarksdale, Mississippi.
The trip involved two flights, a 2-hour layover in Atlanta
and a 1.5-hour drive from the Memphis airport
to my mom's house -
and took about 10 hours.
We survived.
But, let's just say that I will not be flying solo
with the two kids again any time soon -
especially not on any trip involving a layover
and/or significant driving time on the back-end!
But, the travel was completely worth it this time!
We finally got to meet the twins!
My sister-in-law, Loren, was also at my Mom's
with my adorable niece and nephew.
Look how precious they are!
Ben
Anna
The twins are exactly one month younger than Matthew.
It's going to be so much fun watching these kiddos grow up together!
In addition to meeting their cousins,
my kids had a blast hanging out with Gran and Pop
and,
after Tim joined us out there on Thursday,
we enjoyed some good family time as well.


Matthew's first trip down a slide.
(Does this count?
Some of these milestones occur much, much quicker
for Baby #2!)
As hard as traveling solo with two kids was,
can you imagine feeding two kids at once EVERY day!
Yikes!
Loren is amazing!

No comments: