Friday, February 8, 2013

More Special Visitors at Hospital

Kate and Matthew were so excited to come meet their baby brother at the hospital -
and I was absolutely overjoyed to have all three of my babies in the same room.

Both of the kids have been very sweet about the baby in their own special way.
Here, they are demonstrating the baby-holding technique that they had been practicing.
As soon as they met Daniel, both kids wanted to unwrap him from his swaddling banket.
I definitely understand the desire to get a good look at him -
I think I did the same thing when I finally got to hold him!
Kate and Matthew were (are!) especially fascinated by his toes!
Nana and Great Pop also came to visit us at the hospital!
Here they are with their sixth great-grandchild!
Kate and Matthew each got a chance to come back to the hospital
on their own special trip with a grandparent. 
Since we had a longer hospital stay (4 days), I'm so glad that we did this. 
It was less chaotic to have one child visitor at a time and
was a very special bonding time for each sibling with their new brother.

Here's Matthew playing doctor (like Uncle Jon).
Matthew shows his affection for Daniel by helping take care of the baby.
He's a champ at helping with diaper changes, feedings, baths, etc.
Kate shows her affection by being preparing sweet and thoughtful gifts
and by being helpful to the grown-ups.
It's been so fun to see both of the older kids use their personalities and gifts
to show love and affection.
Here is Kate with one of many, many art projects she made for Daniel.
Baby Daniel was exhausted by all the activity of his first few days...
Or this was a milk-induced coma...
I'm not sure I remember which!

No comments: