Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kate and Miss Daisy Go to School

Kate and Miss Daisy began their formal education on Tuesday!
We started Kate in a one-year old pre-school program at
First Baptist Church in Alexandria...
and the school graciously enrolled Miss Daisy as well!
(Whew!)
Kate was a little sad when I dropped her off
but she got comfortable pretty quickly
and ended up having a great time!
Kate's teacher reported that she enjoyed playing with the other kids
and exploring new toys.
She even took a nap on her little mat.
I was shocked!
We are exceedingly proud of our little girl!
Rachel packed the first of hundreds (maybe thousands?) of George family school lunches.
(Anybody have suggestions for toddler finger foods to send in Kate's lunchbox?)

First Annual "First Day of School" Ice Cream Trip!
Unfortunately, the Dairy Godmother (our favorite local spot) was closed...
so Baskin-Robbins it had to be!
As you can see, Kate didn't mind one bit.
This one is for my Mom - who wanted to see the back of Kate's new haircut.
I call it a "bob in progress"
because the back is cute but the front still needs to fill out a bit!
First school paper on the fridge!
(And, yes, I realize that I really need to de-clutter my fridge!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how grown up our little Kate is. I think she's going to love school just like her mom always did.

Gran

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness --what fun that she is going to school. I too am amazed that she slept on her little mat. Kids are far more adaptable that I give them credit for.