Monday, September 29, 2008

Who Ate My Rice Krispy Treats?

My mom knows that I absolutely love Rice Krispy treats. In fact, one of the many things I look forward to about visiting her next week is that I know that I can count on her to make a batch for me! I'm not exaggerating - I actually got really excited about Rice Krispy treats last night and couldn't remember why I don't make them for myself. So, I decided to whip up a batch.
Well, there are two reasons. The first reason is obvious and struck me immediately upon my first bite - Mom makes them with the perfect marshmallow/cereal ratio that I never can seem to duplicate in my own kitchen. The second reason didn't hit me until this afternoon - it's because the pan looks like this 24 hours after the marshmallows cool...
"So," you ask, "Who ate all the Rice Krispy treats?" And the only honest answer is, "ME!"

No comments: