Friday, July 15, 2011

Irving Farm

My baby is gaining some independence!

She went with my parents (aka Gran and Pop)

to the Irving Farm (in Low Moor, Virginia)

WITHOUT us.

It was only for about 24 hours...

but, still, it's a big deal for her to go on an adventure without us.

And this was definitely an adventure!


The Irving Farm is the farm that my grandfather (aka Great Pop)

grew up on and that the NoVA Gleasons visit every summer

around the 4th of July.

All of us Gleason kids have tons of fond memories

of being there and fishing with my grandfather.


I am so pleased that Kate had her initiation

and that she was happy as a clam at the farm.

(Although, when we went to pick her up,

she did ask if we could go "to a museum, the library, a store or something.")

Kate and Pop (my Dad) had fun skipping rocks

in the Jackson River.

And then Kate got to go fishing with Great Pop!







The whole fam got involved in the fun!









Matthew came with Tim and me to collect Kate.

He slept through his chance to visit the Jackson River...

but he'll have his initiation soon enough!

No comments: